Thursday, September 10, 2009

Audio Sensory Awakening Part 6

Woa! What's up OMFG?! My week has been INSANE. How about you? Did you have a brush with the law? I did. Did you have to bum rides all week because your car is dying and your license was expired? I did. Did you almost die from this badass flu going around? Ya, it wasn't really that bad, but it definitely sucked hard. Anyway, it's time I got back to spreading more aural viruses here.

First of all, for those of you who are lucky enough to be in Atlanta... Thursdays nights are the nights you NEED to be going to Apres Diem by Piedmont Park (next door to Midtown Art Cinema). Every Thursday I lug my tables, mixer, and tons of music into Apres Diem and throw down track after track for 4 hours straight, just for you guys! Starting this week, I'm taking a little more liberty with my selections and breaking out of the 'lounge' box. Of course, this works best when I've got LOTS of people there! So come one, come all... LOVE Thursdays @ Apres Diem w/ P.A.T.T.

One of my first posts for OMFG was a history as well as current event on the Harkiss Bros. Scott Hardkiss, probably the most well-known of the trio, released his LONG awaited artist debut album "Technicolor Dreamer" last month. Scott wrote, produced, arranged, engineered, and self-recorded the entire album in his home studio less than 5 blocks away from Ground Zero in NYC. Like a 21st century P-Funk or Prince's Revolution, Scott is joined by a sexy, diverse band of vocalists and musicians: a musically eclectic, multi-cultural, and poly-sexual group featuring Britta Phillips (Luna/Dean & Britta), Lisa Shaw (Naked Music/Salted), Stevvi Alexander (Nelly Furtado/Gwen Stefani), Steven Bernstein (Lounge Lizards/Tricky), Bobby Harden (Blues Brothers), J Bowman (George Clinton/ Michael Franti), Tabitha Fair (Sting), Ernest Carter (Bruce Springsteen), Alex Moulton and more. The record was mixed by Scott with Jason Marcucci (Gnarls Barkley/Beck) and mastered by Brian Gardner (Outkast/Prince/Timbaland). The result is a fresh and inventive, whimsical dance-pop album. A kaleidoscope of sounds that are sprinkled with themes of stars, transformation, and celebration in the face of darkness, Technicolor Dreamer is a bubbly, groovy retro-futuristic funk ride that every man, woman and child is sure to enjoy. God Within has the full digital album ready for purchase and download as well as the "You're The Star" EP. However, I'm patiently waiting for the Deluxe 2xLP 180 gram vinyl in gatefold package I purchased a month ago to arrive on September 15th...o0o0o0o0o! You better not disappoint me Scott!!

Have you listened to Calvin's new album?!? Ready For The Weekend came out on August 17th in the UK and by August 24th, it made Number 1 on the UK album charts. OMFG has already brought you video of Calvin doin his thang with a gaggle of beautiful musical girls and his "Humanthesizer". Now I thought I'd share a couple of remixes of "I'm Not Alone" I came across. I'm Not Alone - Calvin Harris (Thomas R Remix) is a really nice, easy to mix, well-done-without-being-over-the-top mix which does not feature the vocals, so you could easily throw down an accapella if you wanted. I'm Not Alone - Calvin Harris (deadmau5 Remix) is yet another very well done remix brought to you by the electro progressive production powerhouse that is deadmau5. I love almost everything I've heard from deadmau5. This isn't his best collaboration, but nonetheless a good track.

Ehem, this next track I just have to share because it keeps playing on my iPod and I love it a little more everytime. To Kingdom Come - Passion Pit (GRUM Vocal Mix) Yes, another GRUM track, muahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs