Friday, September 18, 2009

Audio Sensory Awakening Part 7

Muah! It's lucky number 7!  It must be a lucky week for me. Finally got 2 days off this week, had a great set @ Apres Diem last night, and I've got tons of new tracks to sift through. Which means it's a little harder for me to pull out the gems, but not to worry my lovely coconuts, I will deliver!

First of all, I need to address something I mentioned in my last A.S.A. post. What the hell is with the street date on this deluxe vinyl edition of you new album, Scott?!?  I have sent several emails to 11spot.com because I keep thinking they have not sent me the package, only to have them reply that the street date for this release has been pushed back to Sept 29th! I realize that I am part of a minority of people who actually would prefer to have this album on vinyl, but come on!! I have to sit here in the ATL and watch you promote your new album and these badass shows in NYC and Cali with artists I would die to see perform with you (Lisa Shaw, Bobby Hughes, etc..), all the while I still haven't even been able to hear a single track!!!! ARRRRR!! (there's my pirate contribution)


Ok, now to deliver some aural ecstacy. First up, I've got a couple of classic reworks that I think you'll love. I was recently introduced to the mashup duo, The Hood Internet thanks to earmilk. These guys are coming out with tons of interesting combos like BON JOVI vs KID CUDI vs CROOKERS, GZA vs SALVADOR SANTANA, KID SISTER feat PITBULL vs PHONAT, and my personal favorite... MICHAEL JACKSON vs. FLASHMEN - Billie "Wildcat" Jean. I would link the track for you guys, but I have failed to relocate it today (did earmilk remove it??). I would search the two links I provided if you really want to hear this awesome track. Oh, and don't forget to check out Summer Circuit - DJ JAZZY JEFF & THE FRESH PRINCE vs. DAFT PUNK!

The second classic rework I want to share came from dsquared. Dani, I love your taste girl. Most of the time you keep it hard, dirty, and absolutely body movin but you also appreciate good music no matter what form it comes in.  We all emember Snap! We all loved it and then equally hated it (but still listen to it on our iPods). Just when you thought it was safe to forget about this song, it's back and better than ever: Denzal Park and Funky Coad: Rhythm is a Dancer (Mobin Master Bootleg)


Here's a couple of hotties on the chill side.  I've posted about CFCF before, and he's back with another gorgeous composition. I get hooked on tracks like this because they're simple, beautiful, and still make me bob my head.  Show him some love and then check out his newest, Monolith. CFCF (Michael Silver) is preparing for the release of his first full-length debut album, Continent, on Paper Bag Records on October 27th. 

Chill track No. 2 is one that's been on heavy rotation during my sets @ Apres Diem and Cru Lounge.  It's from one of my favorite new artists, DCUP. Here's what his myspace descrip says:
        "The latest signee to Ajax’ record label, Sweat it Out, Dcup has already drawn comparisons with Treasure Fingers, Miami Horror, and Shazam, from influential names in the industry. He’s funk fuelled disco for right now. Signed in May, this year, he’s the seventh artist to join the cutting edge roster of Sweat it Out members. Others include Gameboy/Gamegirl, Act Yo Age, KillaQueenz, Yoland Be Cool, and Pablo Calamari. When Sweat it Out received his EP, four originals, there was no question whether or not to sign him. Snapped up instantly for pioneering the nu-disco sound, he’s booked his ticket to the top. June 2009 saw the release of Style, his debut EP, picked up by DJs around the world including Italian (and now UK-based) talent Phonat. Signed to East London label, MofoHifi, Phonat loved Style so much he remixed it for the Style remix EP. With remixes expected out from label mates Pablo Calamari, Yoland Be Cool and Act Yo Age, shortly, he’s the DJ/producer to watch this year. No doubt! Already climbing the ropes, his music combines keyboards, old drum machines, and records from the 80s, as well as his own Dcup special touch. Already being played on the national party circuit his remixes have also been picked internationally in the UK, Europe and Asia. His distinct sound has been perfected over the years – he pushes boundaries, plays venues because he wants to, not because he has to. He’s created “his own kinda style, not like the rest” – watch out Australia Dcup’s about to change the way you move."  
Brotherhood of Broken Hearts – Together Lonely (Dcup Mix) is the track I really want you to hear. If you like, he's got a lot more where that came from, including his own rework of one of my favorite classic house tracks: TO BE IN LOVE - MAW feat India (DCUP Mix)

Good Stuff

This is a track that I don't know much about other than the fact that Dani Deahl and I both want to show some love for the hypnotic result of French produtionc duo Tuff Wheelz doing their thing on The Robot Disaster track - Paint The Town.

BNGR! Here's a nice wobbly, dubby, head banger provided by jsully over @ earmilk Boreta – Bubblin’ In The Cut

DISCO BNGR! Bringing it back to that disco sound I used to love and even using some of those ol' school samples and heavy piano lines, I present you with Barcelona, Spain's: The Requesters. Go check out a couple of http://rcrdlbl.com/artists/The_Requesters/music

BALLS TO THE WALL BNGR! Unlike most of the blogsphere out there, I have not been a fan of most of Felix Cartal's recent work. But it seems that Pance Party has taken his original track and rocked it out into something I would definitely throw down peaktime. Skeleton - Felix Cartal (Pance Party Remix)


Thanks again for listening!! Spread the virus!!
-- P.A.T.T.

1 comment:

mp3 blogs