Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dragon*Con 2009

It's official!! Dragon*Con is my favorite fake holiday of the year! I get lost in the random assortment of people, costumes, and smells (that's another story). This year, I went with my friend Keri from North Carolina. For us, the party started Thursday night and didn't end until Sunday when we finally crashed at home.


madness at Mariott



You can't put a theme to D*C, it's just not possible! There is a mix of sci-fi, anime, fantasy, art, etc. Guests range from Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) to Peter Facinelli (Carlisle Cullen from Twilight). We went to a few panels Friday & Sunday and then just hung out all day Saturday getting pictures with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) and Alan Ruck (Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off). The costumes were amazing! Friday, I dressed up as Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy 7. I spent a good bit of money making my costume, so I can only imagine what other people spent on theirs. There was a movie size Chewbacca, pirates, Harry Potter characters, TONS of characters from "The Watchmen, Jedi, Captain America, and the list goes on!


Cloud & Tifa (Me)


This year was HUGE for Trekkies! Star Trel veterans William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Patrick Stewart were all guests at D*C. People were lining up hours in advance to Star Trek panels. They definitely still have their fan base. I was able to catch a glimpse of Nimoy & Shatner at the "Walk of Fame," and for some reason I got really giddy! OK, let's talk about "Walk of Fame." It was definitely my happy place, and I could have spent hours in there! You just walk around and look at famous people, and if you want to fork over enough money, you can get your picture with them or get their autograph.

My guilty pleasure was meeting the Ghost Hunters. For all you skeptics out there, don't ruin my moment!! Grant, Jason, Steve, Tango, Kris, Dustin, Joe, and Brent were ALL awesome. Catch them Wednesday nights on Syfy! ::plug plug:: I was like a kid in a candy store.


Grant Wilson, Jason Hawes (Ghost Hunters)


We're still not sure who Garreth David Lloyd is, but he was very nice to look at. We also saw John Schneider (Bo Duke), Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke), Lou Ferrigno (The Hulk), Barry Bostwick, Eric Roberts, Traci Lords, Karen Allen (Indiana Jones movies), James Marsters, as well as a lot of other people I'm not nerdy enough to know.



Catherine Bach and John Schneider


The countdown to next year has already started! Only 357 days left until D*C 2010! I'm open to suggestions for next year's costume(s). We partied hard, stayed out WAY too late, and I can't wait to do it all again next year!

--Mo.

p.s. - I know you want to see Alien doing the "Thriller" dance!

3 comments:

  1. OMG LOL, i loved that video of them doing thriller, the alien dude was literally like the best one in the room, too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Alien was rockin the Thriller!

    ReplyDelete

mp3 blogs