Sunday, January 3, 2010

OM(usic)FG - Spinnerette




S here, to tell you about one of my obsessions, a band called Spinnerette. I've been a fan of Brody Dalle for years...The Distillers were amazing..&& now she's back with Spinnerette to give us some more heart-pumping grime lovin'. Spinnerette is made up of: Brody Dalle, Tony Bevilacqua, Alain Johnannes, & Jack Irons. Now, I like all sorts of music as you will see by my variety of music posts on OMFG, BUT --- Brody Dalle will always been one of my favorite chick singers. She has the Kurt/Courtney vocals down, unique lyrics, && fun rhythms.

I was really excited when the song Valium Knight was released. The lyrics & energy spoke straight to me. I was surprised when the song did not actually make it onto the cd. But, here it is for your listening pleasure: 
"JFK's sun went down, He left the thorns of fallen crown. Marilyn Monroe's come I'll swallow, she is the guts, the glory, sorrow. I'll take it all, give me more. I will be your hero & your whore." -Valium Knights


One of my favorite songs that IS on the album is called: All Babes Are Wolves:
"Come on babe, I never needed you so bad. You were born on a full moon, but baby, I'm the only one howlin'."

Here is the video for another song on the album that is called Ghetto Love:

And...one more video for you guys. This is for the remix of the song Sex Bomb by Adam Freeland. This has been spreading around clubs like crazy lately.

You can easily become a fan and learn more about Spinnerette by going to:
AND/OR
I hope you will give them a listen. I'll keep you posted if they post U.S. shows. They are touring in Australia right now.
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs