Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OMF(ood)G - SIMPLY DELICIOUS - D.B.A. Barbecue


SIMPLY DELICIOUS
 One of the things I enjoy most in life is EATING!  I do not consider myself a connoisseur of food but I do like almost anything eatable and I think I am a good judge of what is good and not so good.

I work in downtown Atlanta and am fortunate to be in an area where many good restaurants are located so I thought I would share some of my “not expert” opinions on the food experiences I have had. 

The first will be Virginia Highland D.B.A. Barbecue, located at 1190 N. Highland Ave., N. E. Atlanta, GA.  Where to start….the appetizers or “snacks” as they call them are just wonderful.  You could fill up on them and never make it to the main menu!  Fried pickles, fried green tomatoes and warm white cheese and corn muffins with honey butter are just some of their “snacks”.  They even have boiled peanuts!

The pulled pork sandwich will melt in mouth as well as the pulled chicken sandwich.  Perhaps you are in to veggies, well come and get them!  You have to try the grilled creamed corn (yummy), collards, fried okra, mac and cheese just to mention a few.  They have a variety of sandwiches like pimento cheese with bacon and tomato and smoked turkey and they have wings and ribs. www.dbabarbecue.com

Did I mention they have a variety of beers and drinks!  What more could you ask for???
I have made myself hungry so we will try another restaurant next time. 

Posted by Guest Contributor: Lblizzard

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs