Thursday, October 29, 2009

Audio Sensory Awakening Part 12

Boo!  I tend to use that as a greeting a lot, year round even. Not sure why, guess I just really like to surprise people. Have you gotten your costume all figured out yet?? I'm just putting the finishing touches on mine. I'm a dead ringer for Lennon, but I did that a couple of years ago and I dress like Lennon at about 80% of my gigs anyway. Last year my roommate and I were Jules and Vincent (Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta's characters from Pulp Fiction) and that seemed to go off pretty well.  So this year we're pulling off another "buddy" costume! I think it'll be pretty easy to guess who we are this year... I just have no idea how I'm going to make my hair do the pompadour thing...

And now,... back to the music!!

Yes, Mark and I are super stoked because OMFG is starting to get music in the inbox!! This is huge because this means that we will be able to share new tracks with you directly from the artist! Most of the tracks you've seen me post thusfar have been songs that I have followed across the blogsphere, gathered information on, and presented to you here @ OMFG so you can have all your cake and eat it without ever leaving OMFG!! And by the way, if you didn't catch Mark's post "Birth of OMFG", make sure you catch the two tracks he posted...  my roommate and I are BIG fans of J.Rabbit's track!


Now, to present you with P.A.T.T.'s first peek into the OMFG inbox! From Low Life Inc and UK's Lot49, OMFG is proud to present you with two tracks from Lee Coombs' new album. "Light and Dark’ is in Coombs own words “a true tech funk album”, an amalgam of sounds and influences from dance music’s often disparate scenes." The title track is definitely more tech and dark than anything we've posted here before, but it still appeals to my earlier more progressive style. The accompanying track "Control" is more electro-tech and I could see this one rockin a full pumpin dancefloor at a big club.  Also, I'm going to toss in an extra freebie, Lee's remix on one of my favorite progressive production teams of the past decade, UNKLE.
Light and Dark - Lee Coombs
Control - Lee Coombs
Keys To The Kingdom (Lee Coombs Remix) - UNKLE


Flashback! This one goes out to all the old skool househeads. I will never forget my buddy Jason and his endless requesting of this song. I think half the time he was doing it just to mess with me, but how can you not love this song?? I still have the original double vinyl release and it's not buried deep in my crates, it's right on top!! Armand Van Helden has churned out many classics over the past couple decades, but this one will always be my favorite (especially because it was one of Henry Street Records biggest releases). This time Starkillers have taken it and brought it back to life with thier usual big room sound.
Funk Phenomena (Starkillers 2010 Remix) - Armand Van Helden


A lil while back, Mark shared the Skream remix of Chromeo's new single "Night by Night".  Now, I'm here to drop a fresh one on ya! Kolt13 is a Parisian producer who's been putting out a bunch of big remixes this year. Pheonix, Dragonette, and Empire Of the Sun are just a few of the artists he's been putting though his dreamy wobble soundscape. I'm also throwing in Kolt13's remix of Fancy Footwork (which might be my favorite Chromeo song of all time), the aptly named Murdaphunk remix!
Night by Night (Kolt13 Ghetto Remix) - Chromeo
Fancy Footwork (Kolt13 Murdaphunk Remix) - Chromeo


Peaches & Cream! Well, and a lil Proxy for good measure. I'm really not a Peaches fan, unless a hottie chica comes up and drops that request on me. It really depends, because if she can get that dancefloor movin, then I will definitely play some Peaches. Now, Proxy and Peaches seems like it would be either a no-brainer or a massive hardcore track. Most of Proxy's productions are very heavy electro distortion stompers. However, this time the russian rave king is toning it down a notch for Peaches. There's still a bit of electro distortion on there for ya, but on a chill breakbeat this time. I can definitely see myself rockin this one in the golden chariot.
I Feel Cream (Proxy Remix) - Peaches


Gritty, loud, hard, banger. That's pretty much how I think of most of MSTRKRFT's latest album. It's strange really. I guess I have a Love/Hate relationship with overkill electro bangers. Either that or I'm just manic. Anyway, I came across this ridculous new remix from Doorly and I would just be wrong if I didn't share it with you. Dubstep meets banger, ecstacy.
Bounce (Doorly Remix) - MSTRKRFT


Mashups, sigh. Another Love/Hate thing, am I right? I mean, a good mashup is pure happiness, a rebirth of two or more songs into something that you already love because it's part of your favorites already, and then it's got more to it now?! Is that your other favorite song's vocals?! Aww snap! Granted, there are way too many bad mashups out there, but rest easy... I don't think The Hood Internet are responsible for any of those. (p.s. there's a little hiccup in the recording at about 1:52, otherwise a solid track)
Just A Friendomania (The Hood Internet Mashup) - Biz Markie vs. Pheonix vs. Classixx


Weezyer. "This is what Lil Wayne's rock album would sound like" is definitely the best description I could deliver. Like most of my friends, I am still a huge fan of Weezer's blue album. Most everything after that is... okay. Call me nostalgic. A Lil Wayne fan I am not, although you probably could find me noddin my head to one of his tracks when I'm watchin who's looking.  However, the combination/mashup here is unmistakably awesome. The full album is free to download from the link above. Props to Mole Star.
Stuntin' Like My Daddy in Beverly Hills - Weezyer
Fireman, Gimme Some of That Surf Wax - Weezyer


One more mashup for you. This one is pretty huge in my book. Yin wasn't one of my favorite Wolfgang Gartner tracks, although it did climb pretty high on the progressive house charts. Dave Spoon is a powerhouse remixer out of the UK who's timeline on his myspace reads like a dream to me. Why couldn't I have born across the pond? The blend he puts together here layering in La Roux's vocals and unmistakable synths is progressive magic. I hope to drop this one soon!!
Yin For The Kill (Dave Spoon Bootleg) - Wolfgang Gartner & Francis Preve vs. La Roux

Be sure to show some love for the artists and producers by visiting thier sites and buying thier music!! Thank you all for reading! Come hang with P.A.T.T @ Apres Diem for LOVE Thursdays every week and don't miss the big party - Hella Halloween @ Tin Roof Cantina!

--P.A.T.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs