Wednesday, December 8, 2010

OM(usic)FG - Paul Warner - "Deadly Waterparks"

picture from paulwarner.tv

It has been almost 3 years since I lived in Athens, and I’ve yet to find a singer/songwriter with that "Athens"  musical dynamic here in Atlanta. Well, that was until I heard Paul Warner’s latest cd “Deadly Waterparks.” This music reminds me of those good times in Athens when we would randomly walk into a small bar and hear a great singer/songwriter that just completely made our night.

The sound is a soothing mix of many instruments (including violin, pedal steel, saxophone, cello) and Paul’s smooth, effortless voice. The ballads are very Jeff Buckley-esque with lyrics that create vivid images in your mind and the faster alt/pop songs remind me very much of Broken Bells grooves that you can’t help but to grin while listening.

“Deadly Waterparks” is a great listen. I’ve listened through so many times I can’t even count. Some of my favorites are “Love in Space” that has a great King’s of Leon kind of guitar riff through out, “Freud” which is a song everyone can probably relate to, and the great ending track “The Movies” is the perfect lullaby love song that leads into a beautiful instrumental piece.





:::::NEXT SHOW::::

Paul Warner and the Whisperers will be playing at Smith’s Olde Bar THURSDAY NIGHT (12/9/10) along with The Bridges and The Kicks. Only $10 for 3 great bands!

Paul Warner
http://www.paulwarner.tv/

Smith's Olde Bar
1578 Piedmont Ave
Atlanta, Georgia 30307
http://www.smithsoldebar.com/

~Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs