Friday, February 25, 2011

R.E.M. - Collapse Into Now

Being from Georgia, I have always enjoyed R.E.M.'s music, and when I got my hands on some of the tracks from their new record I was pleasently surprised. The album is titled Collapse Into Now and is set to release on March 8th. The album is filled with lush atmospheres that only R.E.M. can create. The songs range from pop-rock bounce arounds to somber thought-provoking reflections. My favorite cut so far is Oh My Heart. Stipe's voice sounds aged and mature on this record, it rests right inbetween the mandolin and haunting backing vocals. I highly recommend taking some time and checking this one out.
Head over to their website, they are currently doing a remix project where you can download stems and remix "It Happened Today" off of "Collapse Into Now". (http://remhq.com/index.php)

~MarK~

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs