Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dr. Dre set to drop "Detox" finally?


FINALLY! Maybe? Who knows? Dr. Dre says he’s ready to release Detox, an album his fans have been waiting a LONG time for. Dr. Dre’s last cd 2001, which was released in November 1999, debuted at number 2 on the US Billboard 200 chart and sold an incredible 516,000 copies in its first week.

Detox was originally scheduled to be released in 2004, but Dre kept delaying the release in order to work with other artists. Now another release date has been set, but take it as you will, the release date is April 1, 2011. A hoax? I hope not. Potential tracks have been “leaked” all through out 2010 (Kush, I Need a Doctor, Under Pressure), and Kush, which peaked in the top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100, was officially released on iTunes on November 18, 2010.
Trying to repeat the success of  2001, Dre has brought in many guest appearances on Detox including Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Akon, Jay-Z, Game, and La Roux. There are rumored guest appearances by Ice Cube, Lady Gaga, Ashanti, Busta Rhymes, T.I., Pharrell, and many others. 

Dr. Dre is set to perform with Eminem at the Grammy Awards this coming Sunday (2/13/2011) in his first television performance in over a decade….hopefully an effort to promote the new album. Whether or not we’ll actually get a new Dr. Dre cd in April is unknown, but I’m really looking forward to this performance.
 
As one YouTube commenter says:
"Damn, I love Dre, but I've been waiting patiently forever for Detox to come out. If I had a buck for every time Detox has been delayed, I'd be able afford a pair of Dre's overpriced headphones." 

Well hopefully, my friend, you won't have to wait for long.



Check out “Kush” by Dr. Dre!




~Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs