Monday, April 12, 2010

OM(usic)FG: Muse is a blast from the past.

Inspired by a Facebook-comment conversation (you know what I'm talking about) between several OMFG contribs and myself.

Muse is arguably the biggest "new" band in the world. To many they kind of came out of nowhere and conquered, but many of us know that Muse has been putting out amazing music for over 10 years. First I heard of Muse was the song"Muscle Museum" back in 1999 or 2000, off of their first album Showbiz. Though a far cry from the over-the-top electronica/metal/symphony glory that they are now, I absolutely adore this song and it is some of the first evidence of their pre-superfame days. I had forgotten about them honestly until about 4 years ago when I rediscovered them by finding an OLD mixed CD with this track on it. I immediately went on the hunt for their newer stuff, and found the albums Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations. If you love Resistance and haven't heard the aforementioned 2 albums do yourself a favor and obtain them IMMEDIATELY!

Check out Muse before they dominated the world:






~~kate*

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs