Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Modern Society moves Athens!

Hi everyone! This is Mo signing on for my first post. I'm here to bring you the latest & greatest of concerts I go to and also to share other random music tidbits you might like. Now on to the show!


Recently I took a road trip with a good friend to Athens, GA to catch up with our long-time favorites, The Modern Society (aka MoSo). Woody, Tyler, Chris, and Thomas are some of the nicest guys & I love that they each have their own style. But they have that cohesive band look when they're all together.

The venue was the Caledonia Lounge (basically the basement of the adjacent store), small, hot, and only has 2 bathrooms. Outside it was raining off and on (Yuck!!), BUT when The Modern Society stepped on stage, I forgot about all of that. I was in my happy place. I'm addicted to Woody's voice...I admit it. My name is Mo and I'm a MoSo addict.



Their songs are catchy & even if you have never heard them, you'll be singing along in no time. With lyrics like "you always shake like you're doing it just for me," I find myself dancing even without liquid courage. These guys tour all over the U.S. and worked really hard on their latest cd "The Beat Goes On." They're constantly working on new music & usually have a new song or two every time I see them! With influences including The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, and Counting Crows, it's hard not to like MoSo.

All that said, I would highly suggest that you check out a show in your area & catch The Moso fever! New tour dates have been posted! You can find them on myspace (www.myspace.com/themodernsociety), twitter (twitter.com/themoso), and they also have a page on facebook. Check them out!

~Mo.

2 comments:

mp3 blogs