Thursday, July 30, 2009

Audio Sensory Awakening Part 3

Back once again...

While most of the world has now moved on, as a DJ, you cannot give enough respect to Michael Jackson. The man has rocked more dancefloors than you can fathom. Billy Jean has without a doubt been my 'goto' MJ track for years with tons of remixes to choose from. However, since Michael's passing, I've come across lots of good remixes of other highly requested MJ tracks. For example... this remix totally kicks the crap outta that Hi-Tack remix that blew up a few years ago: Michael Jackson -'Say Say Say' (DJ DLG & Redroche Mainroom Mix) But if you like that, I suggest you goto Beatport and check out the new remix of 'Thriller' by David Jones. Not a banger remix, but one of the best remixes I've heard. They definitely loved it @ SkyLounge last week!

The invasion is coming and it is led by ROBOTS!!! Well, the invasion I refer to is Robbed by Robots taking over my playlist lately. I came across Robbed by Robots back in March when they released an EP of rowdy electro bangers like 'Spanish Girls Want To Give It Up' and 'DUDE!'. Seems they have curbed the rowdyness a little bit and given thier latest remix a bit more of an indie-dance sound. Check out Dragonette - 'I Get Around' (Robbed By Robots Remix)

Here's one that should make some of us fall into a dark, pulsating, "when will it stop?!?" drug infulenced flashback. Brainbug's 'Nightmare' was a track that I could not get enough of back in the days when I thought progressive was trance. I'm so glad I figured that one out eventually. Anywho, when I saw that track being re-released with a new remix I had to check it out. Lots of dubstep drops in this one and an overall heavy electro rework. Of course, my favorite little chime line is still there! Brainbug - Nightmare (Darkartois Remix)

HOT DAMN! Thats the name, bringin back the old skool is the game. I spent a year sacrificing my musical taste for the chance to live on a cruise ship while enjoying all the free grub and booze I could get my hands on. Yes, I was a cruise ship DJ. Not something I'm entirely proud of, but at least I had access to tons of old skool tunes they had in their library. One of the gems I found while skimming through thousands of promo CDs was The Beatnuts - 'Watch Out Now'. Finding this song was a godsent for me. Finally a hip hop track that I could throw down in the middle of all the other top 40 crap and actually bob my head for a few minutes. Now, this remix by HOT DAMN is NOTHING like the original, but it still makes me smile. The Beatnuts - 'Watch Out Now' (HOT DAMN Remix)

Disco Elliot?!? I was pleasantly surprised with this new remix from the always disco king Justin Faust. He's taken Missy Elliot's 'Work It' and given it another hoorah! I've never been a big Elliot fan, but I can definitely groove to this one. Missy Elliot - 'Work It' (Justin Faust Remix)

It is a huge pleasure for me to present anyone, but especially you guys, with this incredible song: Fink - 'Sort Of Revolution' (Cinematic Orchestra Remix) My friend Nikki (who just recently became Master Nikki, WHOOT!) has mentioned Fink to me many times and now I finally know why. Unlike most people, Nicki recognized my love for truly moving, simple, beautiful vocal tracks. Now that I finally realze what she was trying to show me, I need to go give her a big hug. Thanks Nicki!!


-- P.A.T.T.
P.A.T.T. on Facebook
P.A.T.T. on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs