Friday, July 17, 2009

Audio Sensory Awakening Part 2

Boo! As this chick who's been trying to seduce my roommate keeps quoting Lil Wayne to me.. "You mothaf#!kas thought I was dead, I was just layin low!" -- sigh...


Time to bring you guys some aural extacy. First up, one for the LOTR lovers! Trumpdisco dropped this hot bootleg a couple weeks ago and of course, I had to play it for my friends on thier way to see 'Half Blood Prince' the other night. Trumpdisco are a Melbourne based duo turning out these bassey bangers left & right. What's up with Oz lately? Can I defect?

Anyone else been catching a lil Chew Fu fever lately? He's put his spin on one of my favorite new brit pop tracks - Master Shortie's "Dead End" as well as Daft Punk's "Make Love" along with some MC work from Substantial. You'll find both of these along with the "Don Diablo Knows You Like It Hard Remix" of Dead End over at Dani Deahl's wordpress:



Welcome to the wonderful world of Alex Metric. This guy has been rockin some awesome remixes lately. I will even admit that I like his remix of Bloc Party's "One More Chance" even though I usually hate Bloc Party. Or... if you like his electro/indie style but want something not quite so pop... check out his remix of Reverend & The Makers' "Silence
Is Talking", definitely rocking this one on my playlist for a while.








He's shiny, he's cuddly and he'll probably eat you. Gold Panda is awesome. I haven't found out much about this newish producer/remixer except that he and I have similar tastes when it comes to chill, atmospheric music and that he probably lives in London. I can't remember now which remix I found of his first but it was probably the new Zero 7 track "Everything Up (Zizou)". However, when I saw that he'd released a remix of Marina & The Diamonds' "Obsessions", I knew it was going to be Gold.

http://electrorash.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/04-everything-up-zizou-gold-panda-remix.mp3



And the best is usually last, right? Well this is a match made in heaven to me - MSTRKRFT meets Wolfgang Gartner!! If you listen either of my sets recorded at Graveyard Tavern (which are both available on my website http://djpartyallthetime.com/) then you probably can figure out that I friggin love Wolfgang Gartner's recent work. Of course, when I saw this track posted on http://rcrdlbl.com/ ... oh ya, it's on!







That's it for this edition!! Keep your eyes peeled for the next Audio Sensory Awareness and full DJ sets coming soon!!

-- P.A.T.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs