Tuesday, March 22, 2011

OMF(itness)G – Bikram Yoga

Ladies and gents, we all know the spring weather is FINALLY here. We all made new years resolutions to take better care of ourselves and get in shape. Its only 3 months into the year, and I almost let myself down with this resolution, until I found an amazing class that works the mind and body.

 

A good friend of mine introduced me to Bikram Yoga. I know, I know...yoga?? I said the same thing, but I try new things just to say if I truely do like it or not. Bikram Yoga is the most invigorating exercise I've ever been involved with. The classroom is 105 degrees and within the first 5 min you are sweating from head to toe. It is a 90 minute class, and you are certainly asking your self WHY did I bring myself here, but once you've completed the class, your body has gone through a cleasning (I feel) with riding itself of all the impurities.

From the Bikram Yoga Decatur location:


What is Bikram Yoga?

Bikram’s Beginning Yoga Class is a series of 26 postures including two breathing exercises, which is suitable for anyone 16 years and older and at any level of ability. Each posture strengthens specific muscles, ligaments and joints at the same time it prepares the body for the next posture. The Bikram method also stimulates the organs, glands and nerves, moving fresh, oxygenated blood to 100 percent of the body, restoring all systems to a healthy working order.


There are plenty of locations throughout Atlanta. I suggest you try it once, and let me know the outcome!
Happy Sweating!

Tiffany (super awesome guest contributor)

No comments:

Post a Comment

mp3 blogs