Friday, December 3, 2010

OMFG - Beer Review Series - Bell's Java Stout


Hey Oh! I am back everyone. Thank you for waiting patiently for the next brew review; I’ve got a lot cookin’ in the kitchen for the future and it’s worth the wait. Trust me, or don’t and see for yourself. Just to keep things interesting I am going to do the standard old review for today then sometime next week I should have a video review of Terrapin’s MooHoo with another review of a TBD brew with my buddy Chris. It’s going to be a tag team effort and should have additional special guests in the future if you like the review. Please comment below and let me know what you want to see and how I can make this a better experience.

With that being said lets pop some tops! I picked up the Bells Java Stout a few weeks back and am really excited to give it a whirl. I love beer as you all know, but what I really love is coffee stouts. This one is right up my alley. Per the website www.bellsbeer.com “Java Stout uses a custom blend of coffee beans, roasted locally for us by Water Street Coffee Joint, to generate its intense flavor.” I can attest this is a powerful brew that pours a bold black color with a mocha head that quickly dissipates to lace the glass with a fine ring.

The smell is of rich coffee and dark smoky malt very bold and sharp. Every time I took a sip I had to smell also, the aroma was amazing and intoxicating. Fabulous to say the least.
First sip hits the tongue with chocolate notes followed by smoky malts and coffee. It really is a one trick pony in taste but has an outstanding nose.

Mouthfeel is medum like a double brewed cup of coffee really creamy and full with medium carbonation. Very drinkable for 7.5% abv and not too boozy.  

Cheers!
~Ryan


1 comment:

  1. Sounds outstanding. Great description of the mouthfeel and nose, makes me want to try it like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

mp3 blogs