Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Matt Mahaffey - Pt. 1

Hello Everyone!

This is Mark here and I'm so happy with the way the blog has been going! I figured now would be a good starting point for some Matt Mahaffey posts!

Who is Matt Mahaffey?!





Matt Mahaffey is the leading force in the group sElf. I've been a sElf fan for a long time now and would like to share it with you. Lets start from the beginning!


I remember I was in like 7th grade or something. Jeez, yeah, I'm old. Music was electric back then, it was elusive and alive. My friend had this strange cd by this "group" called sElf. In the sleeve of the record it reads "Please tell your friends about this wonderful sElf product" or something like that. We were sitting in the back of my dads car, and he turns to me and says "well, it says for me to tell you about this album, so i am, here ya go." He put on the cd in my dads car, and I was amazed to say the least. "This was great! Who was this?" I thought to myself. "What are all those sounds? This is different! FINALLY!" I was in love from the beginning. Little did I know that I would still be expressing my love 15 years later.

The album was Subliminal Plastic Motives.





The songs on that album were amazing, Hell, they still are amazing. A fusion of hip-hop, jazz, rock, techno, alternative, and everything else that has yet to be done by anyone else. Believe me when I say that I've listened to this song more times than I'd like to openly admit.



Download Marathon Shirt HERE

There were a couple singles off of that record.

Cannon - ( quite possibly my least favorite track on SPM )





Download Cannon HERE

So Low - ( the piano break in this song is AMAZERS )





Download So Low HERE

I hope you all enjoy these tunes, I will continue to post about sElf and all the goodies that Matt Mahaffey is associated with.

Tune in next time when we will go trick or treating dressed up like Marilyn Manson!



The Links:

Matt's Myspace

Self-Centered



~MarK~

1 comment:

  1. matt rocks! im so glad u introduced me to their music!
    -Nat

    ReplyDelete

mp3 blogs